Order a Death Certificate
A Death Certificate is legal proof of death. It is needed to settle an estate, to receive entitlements for benefits, such as pension and insurance and for land titles.
You may be here because you recently lost a loved one. If so, we would like to extend our deepest condolences to you and your family from everyone here at eHealth Saskatchewan.
As this can be a difficult time for families, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to register the death of your loved one and order a Death Certificate.
This page will walk you through ordering a Death Certificate and provide you with information on registering a death and applying for a burial permit.
Once a Death Certificate is ordered, you can come back to this page to check the status of your order.
Before you order a Death Certificate:
1. Find out if you are eligible to apply for a Death Certificate. If you are not eligible, you will need to fill out an
2. Choose the type of Death Certificate:
Frame Certificate ($35.00) includes the individual's full name, date of death, place of death, sex, registration number and registration date.
Certified Copy ($55.00) contains all of the information on the original death registration.
($55.00) contains all of the information that appears on the original death registration, excluding cause of death and is stamped "FOR GENEALOGY ONLY".
A copy can only be ordered for deaths registered more than 70 years ago.
Genealogical copies are generally used for gathering family history or creating family trees.
3. Make sure you have the following information:
- Spouse of deceased
- Mother of deceased
- Father of deceased
4. Have the following documentation handy, as you will need to submit:
- A copy of one piece of government-issued photo identification
- Copies of two other pieces of identification—one of which must contain your signature
- Plus, any other supporting documentation as determined in the
Electronic copies of your documents may be obtained by scanning or taking digital pictures of your documents. Please ensure that all information on your documents is readable.
5. Choose how to submit your order (online, mail, fax, email, or in person).
- You need to have a valid credit card to order online.
An online order must be completed in one session. If you stop typing for longer than 30 minutes, your order will timeout and all of the information you entered will be lost. Please note that your order cannot be saved on your computer.
- If you order online, it means you accept our
Begin your online order
Order by Mail, Fax or Email
Please complete and submit the following forms:
Send the completed forms, any necessary attachments and payment to eHealth Saskatchewan for processing. Payment can be made by cheque, money order or credit card (MasterCard, Vanilla MasterCard or VISA).
Please note, if you are paying by cheque, the certificate will be sent out after payment is successfully processed, which could take up to six business days.
Order in Person
Death Certificates are usually processed within four to six weeks of eHealth receiving your application. This does not include mailing time.
Attention Applicant: To avoid delays, please ensure identification is included with your application.