​Changing Your Name​​

​​​Contact us if you want to legally change your given name(s) and/or your last name for any reason, other than:​​

  • marriage
  • annulment of marriage
  • divorce
  • the death of your spouse
If you want to change your name due to marriage, annulment of marriage, divorce, or the death of your spouse, you do not have to apply for a legal change of name. In those cases, you can simply begin using your new preferred last name. 

However, you may want to update your name at your workplace and with your banking institution, Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI), and Canada Revenue Agency. You should also contact us at eHealth Saskatchewan so that we can Update your Health Card. Please note that some agencies may require a legal marriage certificate​ in order to update your last name.​

We will also assist you if you want to legally change the name(s) of your child,​ children or legal dependent(s).

If you have a common-law spouse and want to change your name, you must file a declaration with eHealth Saskatchewan.

​Contact Us

2130 11th Avenue
Regina, SK  S4P 0J5

Toll Free: 1-800-667-7551
(Canada and US) 
Phone: 306-787-3251 
Fax: 306-787-8951 
Email: vitalstatistics@ehealthsask.ca

8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m. Monday to Friday
Excluding Statutory Holidays