Ordering a Change of Name Certificate
When you request a legal name change, you will be issued one Change of Name Certificate once your new name has been successfully registered.
A Change of Name Certificate contains your:
- Former name
- New name
- Current address
- Date of birth
- Registration number
- Registration date
And, if applicable:
- The former name of your spouse
- Your spouse's date of birth
- Your spouse's new name
- The former name of your child/children
- The new name of your child/children
- Your child's/children's birth date(s)
After your new name is registered, additional copies of Change of Name Certificates can be requested by contacting us.
Change of Name Certificates are usually processed within 10 business days of eHealth receiving your application. This does not include mailing time.