Update Information or Replace a Health Card
Click here for current health card application processing wait times
2023 is a health card renewal year. Your current health card is valid until December 31, 2023. Please ensure your personal information is up to date so that your sticker is sent to the correct address.
The information on your health card needs to be accurate and up to date for health claims to be processed in a timely manner. Inaccurate health card information could result in the suspension of health benefits.
When to Update Health Card Information
Update your health card information if:
- Your family unit changes due to marriage, divorce, separation, common-law, reconciliation, addition or removal of dependents
- Your address changes
- Your name changes
- Your health card is expired
- You need to correct information on your health card
- You have updated immigration documents
- You will be absent from Saskatchewan for an extended period. An example of this is students who attend school outside of the province. For more information see
- You return from an extended absence
- You are appointed Power of Attorney
How to Update Your Health Card Information
Update your health card information online here.
If supporting documentation is required, please attach those documents electronically.
Update your personal information, including your address, by completing the applicable form(s) and mailing or emailing it to eHealth Saskatchewan:
How to Replace a Health Card
To ensure health care coverage, you need to have a valid health card. If your health card has been lost, stolen or damaged:
"R" Display on Health Card
Effective March 1, 2022, the "R" display will no longer be printed on health cards. This change is in recognition that there is no provincial requirement for this display. Residents with existing health cards with the "R" may request to have a new card issued without it.