eHealth Saskatchewan is committed to ensuring that both personal and personal health information are protected and kept in strict confidence.
eHealth collects personal health information to support patient care and treatment for people seeking health services in Saskatchewan.
The eHealth Privacy, Access, and Patient Safety Unit is responsible for ensuring eHealth Saskatchewan follows a high standard in protecting personal and personal health information.
The Unit also ensures eHealth is complying with The Health Information Protection Act (HIPA) and The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).
Other services the Privacy, Access, and Patient Safety Unit provides are:
- The eHealth Privacy Service (eHPS)
- Investigation of privacy incidents
- Answering privacy-related questions and providing advice and assistance
- Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA)
- Responding to freedom of information (FOI) requests.