CHANGES TO eHR VIEWER: eHealth is enhancing the provincial eHR Viewer as part of ongoing efforts to make the program more user-friendly.
Learn more about eHR Viewer changes
The electronic Health Record (eHR) Viewer is a secure website authorized health care providers can use to access patient information, no matter where a patient presents for care.
The types of information available in the eHR Viewer includes (click each title for more information):
- Description: The eHR Viewer houses more than 94% of all laboratory results processed in Saskatchewan, such as: blood tests, urine and glucose tests and throat swabs.
- Location: All of the Sasatchewan Health Authority(SHA) *Excluding former KYRHA, AHA
- Summary: Laboratory data from Health Authority Lab sites as well as Saskatchewan Disease Control Lab
- Description: Medication information is displayed from the Pharmaceutical Information Program (PIP) since 2015.
- Location: All Community Pharmacies
- Summary: 100% of all community pharmacies; dispensed medication profile from PIP | Additional information is also available such as: Drug allergies, pharmaceutical notes and other medication information such as contraindications.
- Description: The eHR Viewer displays immunization information sourced from within the provincial application for public health- Panorama.
- Location: SHA - All
- Summary: Immunization data from Panorama available for providers through EHR Viewer | The Viewer also displays immunizations administered by health care providers that are reported to Public Health.
Transcribed Clinical Documents
- Description: The eHR Viewer displays information submitted by the Saskatchewan Health Authority and the Saskatchewan Cancer Agency including; consultations, letter and progress notes, history and physical, operative reports and discharge summary reports.
- Location: Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, PAPHR, SktnHR
- Summary: Clinical notes – consultations, progress notes, review patient follow-up and radiotherapy | Discharge summaries – from physician, Cancer Agency, from specialty, and consult notes | ED Physician Consult and ED Assessment documents from SCM available through clinical documents tab | As available, these additional transcribed clinical documents from the provincial transcription system (M*Modal) will accessible in the EHR Viewer
Medical Imaging Reports
- Description: The eHR Viewer displays medical imaging reports form the Provincial Radiology Information System (RIS) since October 25, 2014 and houses information such as: Computed Tomography, Mammography, General Radiology, Nuclear Medicine and Ultrasounds
- Location: SHA – All / CBR - Mayfair, Radiology Associates of Regina
- Description: The eHR Viewer contains admission, discharge and transfer information from Saskatchewan hospitals since 2013.
- Location: SHA - All
- Summary: ADT Visit data from Registration systems within the health regions
Chronic Disease Information
- Description: The eHR Viewer displays best practice indicators for Coronary Artery Disease, Diabetes, Heart Failure and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease collected for the Chronic Disease Management- Quality Improvement Program (CDM-QIP) by health care providers enrolled in the program.
- Location: SHA & SMA EMRs
- Summary: Chronic Disease Management clinical standards data submitted from EMRs including Diabetes, COPD, CHF, CAD
What eHR Viewer Does for Providers
Enabling Better Care: by providing a provincial view of patient information that complements other available health care information.
Providing Better Value: reducing the need for duplicate testing and results in fewer administrative tasks.