Supporting Documentation Required to Accompany Your Health Card Application 

Supporting documents must accompany your application for a Saskatchewan Health Card.

Each adult included on the application must include copies (front and back if applicable) of documents proving:

  • Legal entitlement to be in Canada
  • Saskatchewan residency
  • Support of identity

Each dependent must provide documents proving:

  • Legal entitlement to be in Canada
  • Support of identity

Please note that the same document cannot be used to satisfy more than one requirement.

Please be advised that in-person services at eHealth Saskatchewan are currently unavailable. Please browse our website under "Residents" for information on how to request a health card, update health card information, or to request a vital event certificate.

Legal Entitlement to be in Canada is a valid document to prove you are a Canadian Citizen, or hold another immigration status, that makes you eligible for Saskatchewan health benefits.

Canadian Citizens:

  • Birth Certificate from a Canadian province or territory
  • Canadian Passport
  • Certificate of Indian Status
  • Certificate of Canadian Citizenship or Certificate of Naturalization
  • Canadian Certificate of Registration of Birth Abroad
  • Registered Indian Record

Certified Statement of Live Birth from a Canadian province or territory:

  • Permanent Residents/Landed Immigrants
  • Permanent Resident Card (front & back)
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence
  • Canadian Immigration Identification Card 

Foreign Nationals (Canadian Entry document):

  • Study Permit (Confirmation of full-time enrolment is required)
  • Work Permit
  • Foreign Passport with Immigration Stamp
  • Temporary Resident Permit

Saskatchewan Residency is a valid document that displays your name and current home address and confirms that your primary place of residence is in Saskatchewan, such as:

  • Signed mortgage, rental, or lease agreement
  • Utility Bill (home telephone, cable TV, satellite TV, water, gas, or energy)
  • Insurance policy (home, tenant, or auto)
  • Saskatchewan Motor Vehicle Registration
  • Employer record (pay stub or letter from employer on company letterhead)
  • Income tax assessment
  • Property Tax Bill
  • School, college or university report card or transcript
  • Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid (T4E)
  • Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS) or Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P)
  • Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions
  • Child Tax Benefit Statement

Support of Identity is a valid document that displays your name (and may include signature), such as:

  • Previous Provincial Health Card
  • Saskatchewan Driver's Licence or Temporary Driver's Licence
  • Passport
  • Birth Certificate
  • Permanent Resident Card (front & back)
  • Certificate of Canadian Citizenship 
  • Certificate of Indian Status
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence
  • Student ID Card
  • Employee ID
  • Professional Association License
  • Old Age Security Card
  • Union Card
  • Canadian Immigration Identification Card
  • Baptismal Certificate
  • Immunization Record


Electronic copies of your documents may be obtained by scanning or by taking digital pictures of your documents. Please ensure that all of the information on your documents is readable.

​Contact Us​

Toll Free: 1-800-667-7551 (Canada & US) 
Phone: 306-787-3251 
Fax: 306-787-8951

Phone service: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.  
Walk-in service:  9 a.m. - 4 p.m. 
Monday to Friday Excluding Statutory Holidays