Order a Marriage Certificate
A Marriage Certificate is legal proof of your marriage.
Before you order a Marriage Certificate:
Find out if you are eligible to apply for a Marriage Certificate. If you are not eligible, you will need to provide an
2. Choose the type of Marriage Certificate:
Frame Certificate ($35.00) contains the full name of each spouse, date of marriage, place of marriage, registration number and registration date.
Certified Copy ($55.00) contains all of the information on the original marriage registration.
Genealogical Copy ($55.00) contains all of the information that appears on the original marriage registration and is stamped "FOR GENEALOGY ONLY".
A copy can only be ordered for marriages registered more than 75 years ago.
Genealogical copies are generally used for gathering family history or creating family trees.
3. Make sure you have the names of the spouses, as well as the marriage details. Plus, you will need to submit:
- A copy of one piece of government-issued photo identification
- Copies of two other pieces of identification—one of which must contain your signature
- Plus, any other supporting documentation as determined in the
Electronic copies of your documents may be obtained by scanning or taking digital pictures of your documents. Please ensure that all information on your documents is readable.
4. Choose how to submit your order (online, mail, fax, email or in person).
- You need to have a valid credit card to order online.
- An online order must be completed in one session. If you stop typing for longer than 30 minutes, your order will timeout and all of the information you entered will be lost. Please note that your order cannot be saved on your computer.
- If you order online, it means you accept our
Begin your online order
Order by Mail, Fax or Email
Please complete and submit the following forms:
Send the completed forms, any necessary attachments and payment to eHealth Saskatchewan for processing. Payment can be made by cheque, money order or credit card (MasterCard, Vanilla MasterCard, or VISA).
Please note, if you are paying by cheque, the certificate will be sent out after payment is successfully processed, which could take up to six business days.
Order in Person
Marriage Certificates are usually processed within four to six weeks of
eHealth receiving your application. This does not include mailing time.
Attention Applicant: To avoid delays, please ensure identification is included with your application.