Ordering Genealogy Documents
eHealth Saskatchewan offers Genealogical Copies of vital event registrations, such as birth, stillbirth, marriage and death.
Genealogical copies are generally used for gathering family history and creating family trees.
A Genealogical copy of a registration of live birth, stillbirth, marriage or death can be ordered for
$55. All documents measure 21.5 cm x 35.4 cm and are stamped "FOR GENEALOGY ONLY."
Before you order a Genealogy Document:
1. Determine the type of record you are requesting. Genealogical copies of records are:
Copy of Registration of Live Birth, which contains all of the information that appears on the original Registration of Live Birth form. A copy can only be ordered for births registered more than 100 years ago.
- Copy of Registration of Marriage, which contains all of the information that appears on the original Registration of Marriage form. A copy can only be ordered for marriages registered more than 75 years ago.
Copy of Registration of Death, which contains all of the information that appears on the original Registration of Death form, excluding cause of death. A copy can only be ordered for deaths registered more than 70 years ago.
Find out if you are eligible to apply for a Genealogical Copy of a Registration of Live Birth, Stillbirth,
Marriage or Death.
2. Make sure you have the following information:
- Subject's name, mother and father, and approximate year of birth, marriage, death or stillbirth
3. Have the following documentation handy, as you will need to submit:
- A copy of one piece of government-issued photo identification
- Copies of two other pieces of identification—one of which must contain your signature
Electronic copies of your documents may be obtained by scanning or taking digital pictures of your documents. Please ensure that all information on your documents is readable.
4. Choose the type of Genealogy Document:
- Genealogical Copy of Registration of Live Birth for births registered more than 100 years ago
- Genealogical Copy of Registration of Marriage for marriages registered more than 75 years ago
- Genealogical Copy of Registration of Death for deaths registered more than 70 years ago
5. Choose how to submit your order (online, mail, fax, email, or in person).
- You need a valid credit card to order online.
An online order must be completed in
one session. If you stop typing for longer than 30 minutes, your order will time out and all of the information you entered will be lost. Please note that your order cannot be saved on your computer.
Begin your online order
Order by Mail, Fax or Email
- Please complete and submit the necessary application forms for a Genealogy Copy of a Registration of Live:
- Instructions on how to fill out the application forms:
Send the completed forms, any necessary attachments and payment to eHealth Saskatchewan for processing. Payment can be made by cheque, money order or credit card (MasterCard, Vanilla MasterCard and VISA).
Please note, if you are paying by cheque, the certificate will be sent out after payment is successfully processed, which could take up to six business days.
Order in Person
In-person services are available Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Genealogical documents are usually processed within six to eight weeks of eHealth receiving your application. This does not include mailing time.