Ordering Genealogy Documents
eHealth Saskatchewan offers Genealogical Copies of vital event registrations, such as birth, stillbirth, marriage and death.
Genealogical Copies are generally used for gathering family history and creating family trees.
A Genealogical Copy of a Registration of Live Birth, Stillbirth, Marriage or Death can be ordered for
$55.00. All documents measure 21.5cm x 35.4cm and are stamped "FOR GENEALOGY ONLY".
Before you order a Genealogy Document:
1. Find out if you are eligible to apply for a Genealogical Copy of a Registration of Live Birth, Stillbirth,
Marriage or Death.
2. Make sure you have the following information:
- Birth Subject
3.. Have the following documentation handy, as you will need to submit:
- A copy of one piece of government-issued photo identification
- Copies of two other pieces of identification—one of which must contain your signature
- Plus, any other supporting documentation as determined in the eligibility guidelines above.
Electronic copies of your documents may be obtained by scanning or taking digital pictures of your documents. Please ensure that all information on your documents is readable.
4. Choose the type of Genealogy Document:
Copy of Registration of Live Birth, which contains all of the information that appears on the original Registration of Live Birth form. A copy can only be ordered for births registered more than 100 years ago.
Copy of Registration of Marriage, which contains all of the information that appears on the original Registration of Marriage form. A copy can only be ordered for marriages registered more than 75 years ago.
Copy of Registration of Death, which contains all of the information that appears on the original Registration of Death form, excluding cause of death. A copy can only be ordered for deaths registered more than 70 years ago.
5. Choose how to submit your order (online, mail, fax, email, or in person).
- You need to have a valid credit card to order online.
An online order must be completed in
one session. If you stop typing for longer than 30 minutes, your order will timeout and all of the information you entered will be lost. Please note that your order cannot be saved on your computer.
- If you order online, it means you accept our
Begin your online order
Order by Mail, Fax or Email
- Please complete and submit the necessary application forms for a Genealogy Copy of a Registration of Live:
- Instructions on how to fill out the application forms:
Send the completed forms, any necessary attachments and payment to eHealth Saskatchewan for processing. Payment can be made by cheque, money order or credit card (MasterCard, Vanilla MasterCard and VISA).
Please note, if you are paying by cheque, the certificate will be sent out after payment is successfully processed, which could take up to six business days.
Order in Person
Visit eHealth's office in downtown Regina to complete the necessary application forms.
Payment can be made in cash, debit, money order, cheque or credit card (MasterCard, Vanilla MasterCard or VISA).
If you are paying by cheque, the certificate will be sent out after your payment is successfully processed, which will take six business days.
Genealogical documents are usually processed within 10 business days of eHealth receiving your application. This does not include mailing time.