eHealth Saskatchewan is committed to ensuring that both personal and personal health information are protected and kept in strict confidence.
eHealth collects personal health information to support patient care and treatment for people seeking health services in Saskatchewan.
The eHealth Privacy, Access, and Patient Safety Unit is responsible for ensuring eHealth Saskatchewan follows a high standard in protecting personal and personal health information.
The Unit also ensures eHealth is complying with The Health Information Protection Act (HIPA) and The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP).
Other services the Privacy, Access, and Patient Safety Unit provides are:
- The eHealth Privacy Service (eHPS)
- Investigation of privacy incidents
- Answering privacy-related questions and providing advice and assistance
- Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA)
- Responding to freedom of information (FOI) requests.
Apps created specifically for the COVID-19 response may only access personal and sensitive data required to directly support the public health emergency, and may only use the data collected to support COVID-19-related efforts or epidemiological research.
Proof of Vaccination QR Code Access:
- Access to the phone camera is required in order to read QR codes. No image from the camera is recorded.
- Access to files and the phone's photo library is required in order to import an existing QR code. Once the QR code is imported, apps do not keep a copy of the image.
- No image, whether it is imported from a file, the photo library or from the camera is transmitted or processed outside of the apps.