Telehealth Saskatchewan links patients to health care teams using highly secure videoconferencing technologies.
To date, Telehealth Saskatchewan operates from more than 345 sites in 134 communities across the province. This number keeps growing.
Access Telehealth Location Map Download Telehealth Site List by Community
Telehealth works with Regional Health Authorities and partners to link patients to specialized and general health care providers across the province.
Some of the main service areas that regularly use Telehealth include:
- Mental Health
- Rehabilitation Services
- Group Patient Education
The Benefits of Telehealth
Save on travel: by making it possible for patients and providers to connect without having to physically travel long distances.
- Save on expenses: by reducing the amount of money spent on travel and overnight stays.
- Save on time: by eliminating travel time and waiting periods.
- Increased patient access: by allowing patients to access specialty care throughout the province.
A Look at the Numbers
Over 6,000,000 km saved by patients and their families.
- More than 17,000 patients have taken part in a clinical consult in 2017.
- Over 200 specialists utilize Telehealth to deliver clinical services to their patients.