What is new in the eHR Viewer?
- EMR Visits tab
- EMR Visit Summary data
What will users be able to do in the eHR Viewer?
- Set up Notification Preferences
- Set up a Patient List for Notifications
- Receive Notifications in the eHR Viewer Task List
What is new in the Accuro EMR?
- Ability to opt-in to send EMR visit data and receive notifications
- Receive notifications in the Documents folder and Notifications folder in the EMR
- Consume documents from notifications
- Send EMR visit data to the provincial EHR
What are providers'/clinics' responsibilities when submitting data from the EMR to the provincial EHR?
- Ensure charting is complete
- Ensure posters and brochures are visible to patients in the clinic
- Ensure patients have the opportunity to ask questions and/or be able to direct patients to the right location for more information on EMR Interoperability
In which point of care systems will EMR Interoperability be available?
EMR Interoperability features and functionalities are available in the eHR Viewer and the Accuro EMR. For those using the Med Access EMR, it is anticipated to be available in 2020.
Are there any prerequisites to use the EMR Interoperability features and functionalities?
Yes, these include:
- Must have an eHR Viewer account
- If using an EMR, Launch-In-Context (LIC) must be enabled
- Must have latest version of the EMR
- If locally hosted server (not ASP)All computers must meet minimum requirements:
- Minimum 1GB memory available to the Accuro application
How do providers opt-out of participating in EMR Interoperability?
Providers will be able to opt-out at any time from sending EMR visit data and receiving notifications by doing so in their Accuro EMR and updating their preferences in the eHR Viewer.
Who will have access to data that is shared from the EMR?
Data sent from the EMR will be made available in the eHR Viewer. Those with access to the eHR Viewer will be able to view data that has been sent from the EMR.
Where is EMR data located in the eHR Viewer?
Click on the "EMR Visits" tab in the eHR Viewer:
What notifications are available as part of EMR Interoperability?
Please see chart below:
What information will be sent from the EMR to the eHR Viewer?
Below is a summary of the data categories:
*These sections will include history
How quickly will EMR visit summary data be sent to the eHR Viewer?
EMR visit summary data is eligible for export 24hrs after the visit took place, but the export will only happen if a user is logged into the EMR.
Where are notifications located in Accuro?
In the Accuro EMR, it will be in the Notifications folder or Documents folder:
Where are notifications located in eHR Viewer?
Upon log in, the menu on the left side of the screen includes a section titled "Notifications". Under "Notifications", there will be a "Notifications Task List" option where all eHR Viewer notifications are sent.
How quickly will notifications be generated/sent?
The timing of notifications is dependent on when eHealth Saskatchewan receives the information. Once the data reaches eHealth Saskatchewan, then notifications are generated and sent.
Why do some notifications in the Accuro EMR show "No Patient" in the patient name field?
A notification will show "No Patient" when the patient referenced in the notification does not have a chart in the EMR (ie. is an unmatched patient). This most commonly happens when an EMR provider that has signed up to receive notifications is incorrectly recorded in a hospital ADT system as the family physician for that patient.
What should providers/clinics do if they suspect notifications are missing in the EMR or in the eHR Viewer?
Contact the eHealth Saskatchewan Service Desk: 1-888-316-7446
Is there the ability to limit or not share EMR visit data so that it's not available in the eHR Viewer?
There are two ways for EMR information to not be shared:
- Users are able to flag specific chart items to not be shared
- Users can opt out of EMR Interoperability and not share data
Please note that any items masked or marked confidential in EMR will not be shared with eHealth Saskatchewan.
How are patients made aware of EMR Interoperability?
The clinic is required to have privacy posters and brochures visible to patients. The privacy posters and brochures will indicate what integrated services are available in the EMR. Providers are encouraged to share with their patients that they are participating in EMR Interoperability.
How do patients know who is receiving notifications on them?
Patients have the option to request this list via the eHealth Privacy Service at:
How do patients request removal from a health care provider's notification list?
Patients have the option to talk with the provider to request the removal or contact the eHealth Privacy Service at: