Telehealth Saskatchewan Needs Assessment Survey
Telehealth connects patients with healthcare providers using live and secure, two-way videoconferencing technology and is available in more than 330 health care sites in 130 communities across the province.
The Provincial Telehealth program has put together a "Needs Assessment Survey" to evaluate the Telehealth program and prepare for future planning. Your responses are extremely important and we thank you in advance for taking the time to complete the survey in the link above. The survey is available for completion online until June 30, 2016.
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth Saskatchewan uses technology to link patients to health care from a distance. Using secure videoconferencing equipment, Telehealth in collaboration with Regional Health Authorities and partners, provides access to both specialized and general health care providers across the province. Some areas of service that are regularly using Telehealth are:
- Mental Health
- Rehab Services
- Patient Education
How Can I Benefit from Telehealth?
- Travel - Telehealth makes it possible to receive care without having to travel long distances.
- Expenses - Money saved when reducing travel time and overnight stays.
- Time - Accessing Telehealth minimizes both time spend on travel and waiting.
- Expertise - Increased access to specialty care throughout the province.
Did you know?
- Telehealth Saskatchewan has 335+ sites in 130 communities across the province and continues to grow.
- Over 11,000 patients utilize Telehealth for clinical consults a year.
- 4,000,000+ km saved each year by patients/family that attended Telehealth clinical appointments vs traveling.
- Over 1300 public attendees took part in public education events provided by Telehealth last year.
Telehealth suites are found in facilities around the province. They help to reduce travel time and expense and provide an easy way to link up with a health provider or a conference.